Monday, July 7, 2008

Engaged: Julie & Matt

We first met Julie & Matt at Sarah & David's wedding last September, so we were excited when Julie contacted us about shooting her wedding this October. I got even more excited when she mentioned she wanted us to do their engagement pictures on her parents' farm out in Wellsville, Kansas. Have I mentioned before that I have a lot of fun shooting engagement pictures at places that mean something to my couples? Listening to Matt talk about how he got the rental car stuck in the field, and Julie talk about the barn that wouldn't be standing without her father putting in the big steel beams to keep it up makes me really happy that I can capture some pictures of them in a place that they have so many great memories:)



The roof isn't finished on one side of the barn yet, so it let in some golden light:) Plus, I love Julie's expression


I love this one, they are just relaxing out on the farm:)

Here's the barn that wouldn't be standing if it wasn't for her dad. It makes for a wonderful backdrop!

I love the look on Julie's face in this shot, you can see the love in her eyes

Who doesn't like to go for a spin?

Sometimes the wind blows hair in your eyes and it makes for a lovely picture:)

Julie asked me to snap a few pictures of the land for her and her parents, and these are a couple that I really liked.