Friday, June 5, 2009

The Solars Invade Colorado: Day 4

Day 4 brought us only 58 miles of driving from Pagosa Springs to Durango where we'll be spending a couple of days with my sister and her family. Since they brought their trailer (which is basically a house) and are staying on the KOA campgrounds, we decided to get a "cabin" on the grounds as well so we're close. Well, when we showed up and walked in, our "cabin" is basically a 12 x 12 square room with a queen size bed, a bunk bed and barely enough room for Lia's pack and play. We DO have internet, but we DON'T have tv, which would normally be cool, but the Lakers were on in Game 1 of the Finals. Thanks to my sister Michelle and her husband Fred for letting me watch the game on their tv, though. Ok, enough of that, here are my favorite shots from Day 4 (we really had a pretty lazy day)

Make sure you check out Jenny's blog for her recap.


Can you tell Max was excited about the bunk beds?


He was also excited to be able to push the stroller around downtown Durango.


After dinner, Max & Ava got a little antsy, so I took them for a walk while everyone else finished up.



I love how excited Ava gets when she's talking about something she's passionate about. In this case, she was going on and on about the purple bike behind her.




I think my kids could swing all day, which they did. I think between the 2 parks we stopped at, the kids were on the swings for about an hour and a half.


Our cabin at night :)