Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Solars Invade Colorado: Day 3

Day 3 was quite an eventful day...even though we really didn't go that far. In fact, we were done driving by 1pm when we hit Pagosa Springs. Actually, we were definitely done driving when some dude backed into us. Oh, he had a truck. And the tailgate was down with steel rods hanging off the back, of course. No one was injured, but the license plate was knocked off. Kind of killed the itch to drive a little bit. But, this is our vacation, and even though I got a ticket for "unsafe backing" it didn't damper our moods at all. Plus, it gave us a reason to stay in Pagosa Springs so Jenny could soak in the hot springs for a while. Here are my favorite images from day 3...

Don't forget to check out Jenny's blog.

We have to start with the map, right?


I love a good blue sky.

But I love this series of Ava even more. I know there are a lot of pics from this series, and some are similar, but my daughter is amazing :)

Note: She likes to write on herself, so that's whats on her face and arms.






Then Max wanted to "defend the castle"



Ava decided to help, too :)



Lia just laughed.

Colorado is pretty.

We trekked a ways up with the kids to some waterfall...and I know this isn't a picture of a waterfall, but it was taken on our way up to the waterfall.

Lia was not impressed. Or happy about it.

Yes, Ava managed to write on her forehead.

I was trying to take a picture of the cool paintings on the walls, but Superman jumped into the frame. He really is faster than a speeding bullet :)

Then we hit up The Malt Shoppe for dinner/dessert. One word: AMAZING.


Lia is getting good at stealing food off of people's plate.


Max's new sword, since we left his old sword at home. He put it here so no one would steal it.

The biggest ice cream cone ever.

Lia approves.

Now, for this next & final series from Day 3, I saw these cool things called "Turkish Moustaches" sold in one of those quarter vending machines inside the Malt Shoppe. Of course, my mind started going, and we just HAD to buy a couple for some portraits. I'm happy with the results :)





Max is so sweet. He likes to say, "I want Ava in a picture with me too!" no matter what we are doing :)