Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Solars Invade Colorado: Day 2

Well, it's a day late, but we had no internet in our hotel....let's see if I can remember all the amazing things we experienced on Day 2.

Don't forget to check out Jenny's blog.

Here's the Day 2 map.


Still in Kansas. I have a "thing" for windmills.

Woo-Freakin'-Hoo!!! Tall mountains here we come!

Saw a spinny thing, had to make a u-turn to ride it with the kids :)

Wait...no...mountains...we're in Colorado! Apparently Eastern Colorado is a lot like Kansas. Either way, we saw this really cool old structure (this time we busted a U-turn in the middle of the highway)

Note: I've been playing with a blu-ish bw conversion. What do you all think?

Same structure...just closer :)

Apparently I have a "thing" for power lines, too.



We thought it would be neat to take the kids to Picketwire Canyonlands to see the dino prints, but we almost got stuck in the mud. Which turned out to be a blessing, because the Colorado tour guide doesn't mention that it's a 5.2 mile walk each way.

Since our van is not an off road vehicle, we turned around. I quickly stopped to do a portrait session with my family. Hey, we drove 25 miles off course, I had to do something right?
















Here's our hotel. No internet. No bathtub. But it sure looked cool.

Someone didn't think it was time for bed :)