Friday, May 16, 2008

The Combs Family

You all might remember Sam from my post last November about her awesome cakes (and they are that awesome:) Well, meet her family. Tonight we headed out to Pleasant Hill for some fun family pics. We had talked about so many different things for this shoot. First Sam wanted some bright colored umbrellas, but Steve would have none of that for his boys:) Then we talked about doing it right after a good rain and finding some nice puddles for her kids to stomp around in, but that never happened, either. So, Steve is a fireman and we tried to get a firetruck to create some puddles, but that fell through also, so we just walked around Pleasant Hill for a while, and we had a blast anyway! Enjoy!

combs01

How cute are the Combs' kids, seriously?
combs02

We snapped a few of mom & dad in the nice light
combs03

I love this shot of Luke
combs04

Here's Dorian with some nice backlighting
combs05

Molly had fun running from me, and I had just as much fun chasing:)
combs06

Here's my favorite shot of Luke. He thought I was done taking pics and let his guard down.
combs07

Dorian was all smiles the whole shoot!
combs08

Molly has always been shy around me, but when Jenny and I had the cameras out, she did a great job modeling for us:)
combs09

combs10

combs11

To all you photogs out there, if you aren't shooting raw, you need to start, right now. I way overexposed this shot on accident, but was able to save it because I shoot in raw. Seriously, switch now.
combs12

Ahhh, brotherly love
combs13

Molly sure loves here mommy
combs14

Here's Luke in dad's fireman helmet and coat
combs15

And Dorian in the same getup. His hair was okay after wearing the helmet:)
combs16

combs17

And, as we headed back to the car, we found a puddle! Molly & Luke would have no part of it, but Dorian jumped right in!
dorian

We had a blast with you and your family, Sam! And Max said thanks for the cake (he really, really loved the icing:)