Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary, Baby!

I don't know where time goes. It's just crazy how long Jenny and I have been together. We met when I was a sophomore in high school, way back in 1996, I couldn't even drive yet, and we've been together ever since. We've made it through some rough times (yep, I went through a big idiot phase), but today marks our 5th Anniversary. I seriously can't remember my life without Jenny in it, and I am glad that we have 2 of the most wonderful children together (with our 3rd on the way)! I love you, babe, and when I'm 97 we'll be blogging about celebrating our 75th Anniversary!

I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon. We decided to take a 3 week road trip, so we set out in my parents Pathfinder and had no idea where we really wanted to go. All we had was an atlas and knew that we'd eventually end up driving down the Pacific Coast Highway to San Diego, all the rest was up in the air. I know we drove over 6000 miles total on the trip, and we hit every state west of here except for North Dakota, Utah and Colorado.

Thanks to Bruce Snell for this awesome link to World66 for helping me with the Map of the States we drove through on our honeymoon.




Before we get to the pics, I'd like to point out that I had my DSLR, the Craptastic Nikon D100, for about 2 weeks, so these pics are really old. If I could go back now and re-do this same trip, I'd love to see what I could come up with, but anyway, these will have to do:) Also, I'm pretty sure that I didn't know an F-stop from ISO at the time so most of these were shot in P mode (my how things change:)

Okay, time for the pics!

First stop,
Bear Country USA in South Dakota
DSC_0359

DSC_0364

Then we hit Mount Rushmore, my tripod came in handy on this trip. I never use that thing anymore.
DSC_0381

Here's a couple from Devil's Tower, Wyoming. I would like to mention that Montana and Wyoming were gorgeous, and looking back, I totally wish I would have taken more pictures of this part of the country.
DSC_0420

DSC_0422

A night shot of Seattle, Washington
DSC_0565

After our stay in Seattle, we headed to Astoria and took the Pacific Coast Highway all the way down to San Diego, with stops in Newport, Oregon, and San Francisco. This was probably one of the most relaxing and beautiful drives I've ever been on.
DSC_0604

DSC_0605

DSC_0611

DSC_0616

DSC_0627

DSC_0632

DSC_0648

DSC_0663

DSC_0676

DSC_0684

DSC_0706

DSC_0720

DSC_0730

Then, we made it to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World
DSC_0756

DSC_0855

DSC_0880

DSC_0893

We saw some surfing action at Huntington Beach
DSC_0959

We went on a sweet whale watching cruise in Santa Barbara
DSC_0968

DSC_0976

DSC_0982

We got to see a blue whale
DSC_0995

My buddy Brian showing off on one of his 10,000 motorcycles
DSC_1023

Here I am right before I crashed (I suck on motorcycles:)
DSC_1027

Vegas Baby!
DSC_1064

DSC_1065

The Grand Canyon
DSC_1161

White Sands, New Mexico was pretty sweet
DSC_1202

Some random place in Texas
DSC_1211

So, I know that was a lot of pics, but those were some of my favs from our 3 week road trip. I wanted some sweet shots of San Francisco and San Antonio, but fog and rain deterred us there. All in all it was a great trip!