Friday, May 23, 2008

Abdallah Shrine Rodeo: Tonganoxie, KS

I've known Kelley for about a year now, and the day we met her for our family pics, she gave us a tour of her old studio. While at her studio I flipped through an album of pictures she took at a rodeo, and they blew me away. I told her that one day we would go to a rodeo together and take some pics because it looked like so much fun.

Well that day finally came. Yesterday, Jenny and I met up with Kelley, Sam, and some of their friends to go to the Abdallah Shrine Rodeo in Tonganoxie. Now, I'm a city boy and I've never been to a rodeo. Kelley says it's un-American, but anyway, she scored us some all access passes and we were able to roam free around the rodeo snapping away. All I can say is that it was amazing, I had a blast, I got a little muddy and here are my favorite pics from the night:)

Also, check out Kelley's blog for some of her awesome pics from the night. Thanks, Kelley, for breaking me in right:)










These little dudes were crazy:)


Getting psyched up




One of my favs




It was challenging working at night with available light












Another fav




I love all the spit you can see flying from the bull's mouths in these pics, so intense




It's not so funny anymore is it?


Here's Kelley fresh from being splattered with mud (we were right up against the fence). No camera equipment was harmed during the making of these images:)