Friday, April 25, 2008

Born: Latham

Being a photographer is the most amazing job in the world. I can't imagine myself doing anything else with my life. We get to freeze time when we press our shutter, capture moments that will never happen again, and bring joy to the lives of so many people. What I'm going to share with you all this evening was the coolest event I've ever gotten to photograph.

On Wednesday, April 23, Tasha was going to be induced and I was invited to capture the experience for them. This was going to be a new experience for me. I mean, I have kids of my own, and I was in the delivery room for both of them (and I didn't pass out, whew:), but to be capturing the birth of another couple's child was...let's just say that I felt honored to be included. I could go on and on about how cool this was, but right now, I feel that my words are falling short of what I really feel about the birth experience, so please, enjoy the slideshow!