Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grandma

When I was a little kid, I used to spend the summers with my grandma. And even though she had seven other grandkids, she always made me feel like I was her favorite when I was with her. I know it seems funny now, but I always loved going garage-saling with her. We'd drive all over town scouting out good deals and then stop by Wendy's for a gourmet hamburger. Grandma said Wendy's was the only fast food place that had a burger worth eating. Every night after dinner, we'd have ice cream sundaes together, two scoops of chocolate ice cream, one scoop of vanilla, and lots of chocolate syrup. How I loved those lazy days of summer. At night, before bed, we'd each read a book for awhile in our room. And every night, when I would take a break from reading to get a glass of milk, I'd always see my grandma in her bed, light on, glasses on, book open in her lap, completely asleep! That's how I will always remember my grandma. I'm going to try to forget all the pain and suffering that she went through during the last several years of her life. She's in a better place now. I miss you grandma and I hope you're eating lots of ice cream and catching up on your reading.

Here's a photo Josh took of my grandma holding Lia...