Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is for all of my favorite "moms" in the whole world :)

Let's start with my wife. I asked her what she wanted to do today, and she said, "Let's have a picnic." So, even though it was a little chilly, and was going to start pouring down on us at any minute, we had a picnic.


Ava was not too happy when Lia stole her banana and got baby food on it.

Max got done with his lunch early and was eager to play, so I followed.







Then we had an impromptu portrait session :)






Jenny, I'm just going to lay it all on the line. I love you. I'm so thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. It makes me smile when I see you playing with our kids. You are a wonderful mother.

Now, I can't leave my mom out. After all, I feel that I owe a great deal of who I am to my mom. She's the sweetest, kindest, most caring and generous person you'll ever meet. She will help anyone, anytime, any way she possibly can. I love you, mom! Thanks for being so amazing.
I almost hit publish, when I remembered that I had a few images of my grandma playing with my kiddos that I wanted to share. Well, why not share them on Mother's Day? Ok, here they are. And, Grandma, I'm so glad that even though you live in California, and we get to see you once a year, that you're the first person my kids are thankful for every night before bed. I'm also thankful for all the wonderful chats we have every week. I love you and wish I could see you more just so I could hug you more often :)