Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Today is my dad's birthday. It's tough to write about my dad. For those that know him, they'll know why. But, here's what I do know and love about my pops:

1. I can't imagine watching sports with anyone other than my dad. I don't mind the cussing or yelling (sometimes I get pretty rowdy myself), but I love the passion he has for his favorite teams.
2. He loves my mom so much. Sometimes he has weird ways of showing his love for her, but I know it's there and I don't think he could survive without her.
3. As much as he loves my mom, I think he loves Max, Ava, and now Lia (even though he's nervous with her) even more. It melts my heart to see how much Max loves going to Papa's house, and to see how Ava cracks up when Papa hides her baby doll down his shirt.
4. I know that without a doubt, whenever I need someone, he's there. We've had some pretty good discussions over the years, and I thank him so much for that.

I love you, Dad!

And here's a portrait I took of him this evening. He doesn't like to have his picture taken, and this is the only one I snapped (well, I got a couple of him holding Lia for the first time), but this is the only official portrait I took today. Whatever, I love the shot.