Monday, March 17, 2008

Anti- Workshop: Phil & Ayumi

On Day 2 of the Anti-Workshop, they supplied us with real couples to go out and play with. We had certain elements that we were supposed to look for and use in our pictures. We also could use no Photoshop at all. We were allowed basic color correction, exposure adjustments, convert to black and white, and a little dodging and burning. So, I found it fun to go out and play and know that if I messed something up, I couldn't just go and fix it in Photoshop. It forced us to really think about what makes a truly great image!

So, here are my favorites.

**Side Note - I wanted to post the pictures with and without Photoshop, so the first image is without Photoshop (Proof), and the second one is edited like it would be if you ordered a print, or it made it into an album (Re-touched). Some of the edits are subtle. Look at the details in the hair, around the eyes, etc. I like to keep my Photoshop pretty basic.

Proof
pa01

Re-Touched
pa02

Proof
pa03

Re-Touched
pa04

Proof
pa05

Re-Touched
pa06

Proof
pa07

Re-Touched
pa08

Proof
pa09

Re-Touched
pa10

Proof
pa11

Re-Touched
pa12

Proof
pa13

Re-Touched
pa14

Proof
pa15

Re-Touched
pa16

Proof
pa17

Re-Touched
pa18

Proof
pa19

Re-Touched
pa20

Proof
pa21

Re-Touched
pa22

You'll notice that I try not to go way over the top with my Photoshopping (is that even a word?). I like simple edits, sharpen them up a bit, bump up the contrast. I try not to smooth out faces and wrinkles under the eyes because I like my pictures to really reflect the way I saw it when I pressed the shutter.

Thanks for checking in! I still have 2 more shoots to blog about from my Vegas trip, and I'm still working on getting everything caught back up while Jenny recovers. Thanks for being patient with us.

And, finally, a big thank you goes out from us to you for all the meals we have been given, and offers to help out with the kids, etc. We really have the greatest clients and friends in the world. I can't say it enough. And a huge thank you goes out to my mom and Aunt Dee for taking care of Jenny and the kids while I was away. I love you all:)