Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Laci & Ryan: Engagement Portraits in New York City

Laci & Ryan. Where do I begin? How about the beginning. During our consultation, we learned they met & fell in love while living in New York. We also learned that they had a bridal shower there the exact weekend we were shooting a wedding in the city. Coincidence? I think not.

During this session, we got a GREAT tour of the city, we hit up a few of their favorite spots and re-lived some of their greatest memories. Again, New York is straight up chaotic, but Jenny and I had so much fun hanging out in a place that means so much to them.

We started in Grand Central Station, or where they met for their first date.


Our 2nd stop happened to be the stoop where they first met. Laci was sitting on the stoop outside where she lived, Ryan walked by with a bunch of guys on a bachelor party. The rest is history.




Then we headed to Central Park. By the way, I love this shot of them under the bridge :)


They LOVE to dance :)


The sun poked out for a VERY brief second, so I grabbed these :)




Rockefeller Center. 70 stories up. These are some of my favorite images I've ever taken.


You can't really tell how big Central Park is until you see it from above. Wow!





It wouldn't be a NYC shoot without some subway shots, right?