Sunday, February 24, 2008

Why has Josh been answering all the e-mails?

If you've sent and e-mail to Josh Solar Photo in the past few weeks, you may have noticed that it was Josh's name at the bottom and not Jenny's. Well, Jenny wanted me to post a quick blog to let everyone know what's been going on over at the Solar household the past few weeks. It's a very, very, very long story, so I'm going to give you the basics.

Jenny has been very sick for the past 2 weeks. Originally it was headaches, then it turned to itching due to some liver enzyme combo with tylenol 3, and then when she was finally getting better she then came down with the flu.

Let's put this all into a simple math problem:

(Headaches * Itching * Flu) + (Pregnant - any medicine that people who are not pregnant can take + 2 young children) / stressed out dad = Sucky situation for all

So, Jenny is currently in the hospital, where she has been since Wednesday afternoon. She just wasn't getting any better at home, so it was for the best. Now, I DON"T WANT TO WORRY ANYONE, she's getting better and should be home in another day or so, and the baby in the belly is just fine as well. Luckily, Max, Ava, and I have so far dodged all the sickness thrown around lately, so that's a plus, too.

I now want to take the time to thank my amazing parents who have spent more time the last few weeks with my children than they probably would have liked:) Thanks for all the nights you've let them stay over, fed them, and played with them. It's physically and mentally impossible for one person to take care of a 3 1/2 year old, 18 month old, and a very sick wife who can't move, eat by herself, or do much of anything for that matter. I don't know how we could have done this without my mom and dad.

I also want to thank all or friends for the kind offers to help with anything we needed. It makes us realize how blessed we are to have such great friends. I really didn't want to take anyone up on the offers because I would feel terrible if me or my kids got anyone sick. We appreciate all the kindness thrown our way, thank you.

We'll be back to normal soon!

And since I don't like to post a blog without a picture, here is a snapshot of Grandma EE helping Max do his "work" the other day:)
thanksee