Friday, January 18, 2008

Running in the cold

So, Jenny got me the Nike+ for Christmas and it's been killing me. I've been running outside in shorts and a sweatshirt every 2 to 3 days since Christmas, and it freakin' sucks! I tried running on my parents treadmill, but I broke that bad boy on the first run, and it's still waiting to be fixed.

Anyway, I guess I'm sharing because I weigh over 230 lbs. and that is just too much. Just typing that pisses me off and makes me want to run. Also, it helps keep me motivated when my fellow photographer friends such as Heather are posting updates to how their weight loss is going. Heather, we're in this together now. Before I was just running without a purpose, then I stepped on that dang scale.

For those that aren't familiar with Nike+, it's pretty sweet. Basically, you need an iPod Nano, some Nike+ shoes, and the Nike+ software and you're set. You plug a little chip into the bottom of your Nano, then put another chip into the bottom of your shoe, and it sends all sorts of cool data to your Nano for you to upload and chart on the internet.

I set a goal to run 25 miles in 4 weeks. I'm currently 1/2 a mile behind where I should be, but I run 2.5 miles every 2 to 3 days, so tomorrow afternoon's run will put me ahead of my pace. Shin splints and back pain be damned, I'm going to complete my goal:)

Edit: I made my goal, woo, hoo. I feel like I'm in high school again!


Feel free to scroll through my last 5 runs, it updates as I update my nike account.