Friday, December 7, 2007

Shootshop: A Life-Changing Experience

I've been in California for a week and a half, and while it was nice to get out of the cold for a while and relax, the real reason I'm out here was for the Shootshop put on by Nate & Jaclyn of The Image is Found. This opportunity was definitely a life-changing experience for me. They held nothing back as they let 16 complete strangers into their world. I definitely walked away from this with a new perspective on how I create an image, how I show an image, and some new things to think about from a business standpoint. Jenny and I have a lot to talk about to decide how we can take our business to a whole new level. Be ready for some cool new stuff popping up around here:)

I snapped this nice portrait of Nate during one of his lessons
Shootshop01

Nate gets very up close and personal with his clients
Shootshop02

Here is all of us looking on in amazement as Nate explains how he does what he does. There were some awesome photographers in the crowd as well. I met another one of my favorites, Jasmine Star, as well as 14 other photographers from all over the country.
Shootshop03