Sunday, December 30, 2007

Jennifer & Gerrit: Married!

Reception Location: Heritage Hall
DJ: Craig Loftis with Elite Sounds


Yesterday we spent the day hanging out with Jennifer and Gerrit. They had a beautiful ceremony at Highlands Community of Christ. As a surprise, Jennifer's dad sang 'I loved her first' after he gave her away. After the ceremony, we headed over to Heritage Hall in Liberty for the reception. Here are some favorites from the day...

comments by Josh

I don't know what was going on here, but Jennifer looks like she's having a ton of fun!
gerrit01a.jpg

I told Jenny this was the next camera I wanted to get:)
gerrit02.jpg

Here is Jennifer's dad singing to Jennifer during the ceremony, such a sweet moment...
gerrit03.jpg

and here's Jennifer's reaction
gerrit04.jpg

I love when I plan a shot in my head, set it up, and then it turns into something completely different than what I envisioned. This would be one of those times.
gerrit05.jpg

I finally set up some off-camera lighting during the dances and here are some sweet shots of the father-daughter dance and mother-son dance.
gerrit06.jpg

gerrit07.jpg

There was so much love going around, even the ringbearer got in on the action
gerrit08.jpg

Jennifer and Gerrit's reception was a rockin' party! Everyone was smiling, dancing and having a great time. It makes our job easier when all of the guests are really enjoying themselves.
gerrit09.jpg

I don't even know what's going on with the Santa-pimp-red hats, but it was funny and made for some nice photos
gerrit10.jpg

gerrit11.jpg

gerrit12.jpg

I can't remember what song they were singing, but they were really, really into it!
gerrit13.jpg

It's been awhile since I've seen a good old cake smashin'
gerrit14.jpg

gerrit15.jpg

Even Grandma got in on the action
gerrit16.jpg

Of course, the rings
gerrit17.jpg

A serious one right before we left
gerrit18.jpg

A few of my favorite detail shots from the day. You'll see the gorgeous cake, the church with some nice flare, some pretty snow outside the church, the liquor they picked up from Sam's Club (shame I couldn't bring my camera in), and a nice message that the groomsmen wrote for Gerrit:)
gerrit19.jpg

Jennifer & Gerrit, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys yesterday!