Monday, February 9, 2009

Scion Open 2009

On Saturday night, I got to head down to the Power & Light District with my good buddy Drew to capture some images from the Scion Open 2009 Tournament. A huge thanks goes out to one of my grooms, Fritz, for getting us a couple of hard to come by media passes. I was super stoked to be able to capture some images from all the kick-ass snowboarding going on!

If you didn't have a chance to make it out on Saturday, their was a HUGE ramp built right in the middle of the Power & Light District. It was 1 1/2 stories tall, 50 ft. wide, and 100 ft. long! They had some of the country's top snowboarders on hand paired up with the top amateurs from the day's competition.

Ok, enough chit-chat, here are some of my favorite images from the evening!

We were up on the platform for the warm-ups, and they had this wicked spotlight that gave us some really cool flare







One of my favorite images.

I got hit with snow a few times :)



This is my favorite image from the night!