Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random Shots, October 2007

It's been so nice doing photography only. Not only do I get to spend way more time with my wonderful children, I actually have the time to go out with buddies and take random pictures like I used to. I haven't had an afternoon to just drive around snapping random photos in well over 3 years, so to hang out with my buddy Drew on Wednesday was wonderful and refreshing! Here are some of my favorite shots from the day (Sorry ahead of time for so many pictures, I had so many images I wanted to share)

First off, we were looking for Levasy, a little town that Drew knew about but hadn't been to since he was 7. We got lost and ended up in Buckner. The cool thing is that we found this awesome lot with old cars sitting out in the open just begging to be photographed. We met a cool, old dude who told us how to get to Levasy as well.

Buckner1

Buckner2

Buckner3

Buckner4

Buckner5

Buckner6

Buckner7

Buckner8

Buckner9

Drew really wanted to go to Levasy because of this old basketball court/schoolhouse that he played basketball in when he was younger.
Levasy5

Levasy1

Levasy2

Levasy6

Then we found this really old, green firetruck that was being dismantled for parts. Luckily, they had some cool looking gadgets on the side that I liked.
Levasy3

Levasy4

Levasy7

Then we ended up in this old cemetery in Oak Grove right by where Drew grew up. There were tons of tombstones dating back to the 1800's. I liked the way that the sun cast the shadow of leaves on this tree.
Oak Grove Cemetery1

Hope you liked the photos!