Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Born: Samuel

I've re-written this post a number of times. I have all these thoughts in my head, and I'm struggling to get them out. I'm going to try my best, though :)

I feel these images are powerful. They bring tears to my eyes. I've watched this slideshow numerous times already. I've cried every time.

Today, I had the wonderful opportunity to capture Sam's birth. He stayed in just long enough so that I could make it (he almost came on Saturday while I was shooting a wedding). To me, there isn't much more beautiful in life than the birth of a child. Waiting, mass chaos, TONS of pain (for the moms, not the dudes), but in the end, once you get to hold that beautiful baby in your arms, and snuggle them close to you, you realize, everything is alright. And life is beautiful.

Note: One of my biggest regrets (and I'm sure Jenny would agree) is not having a photographer with us during the deliveries of our children. We had 3 chances, and blew it every time. Yes, I have some pictures that I love from all 3, but we're not together as a family in any of them. So, what I'm trying to say, is, think long and hard about having a photographer with you during the delivery of your baby. You might think it's gross, or are not comfortable with it, but I'm telling you, one day, down the road, you will regret it.

Now that I got that out, please enjoy the slideshow :)