Monday, September 17, 2007

Layna & Joel's Wedding

After a late evening with Lori & Jason, we got up bright and early for Layna and Joel's 10:30 a.m. wedding. I have to admit I was a little blurry-eyed after getting 4 hours of sleep, but I was quickly refreshed when we arrived at Layna's hotel and the first thing she says to me is, "I'm so glad you guys are here!" The always wonderful Beth and Katie were on site from Mink Artistry doing hair and makeup. So we've really been looking forward to this wedding all year because we've never shot one in the rose garden at Loose Park. It was sprinkling off and on before the ceremony, but we were lucky that the rain held off. Then we were off to Brio on the Plaza for a lunch reception. The whole day was just great... Layna and Joel are such fun and genuine people and I can tell you that these two are truly meant for one another. I have to give a special shout-out to Sam Combs (our favorite cake lady from Cakes by Combs) who did Layna and Joel's wedding cakes... yes there were many cakes, 3 flavors in all, and in case you are wondering, a Sam Combs' cake does still taste yummy 2 days later. Here are some favorites from the day...

I have no idea what was going on in the boys' room....

A couple sweet shots I got during the ceremony (I was laying on the ground behind a rose bush).











Yummy...

Josh was tearing up during the father/daughter dance.

Yep, that's us, looking like idiots :). They had a sweet photo booth set up with fun disguises!