Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We love pancakes!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. When I go out to eat, if I can get breakfast, I always do. I can never decide what to get. I love belgian waffles, french toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, I love them all. But nothing tops a good, hot stack of pancakes smothered in butter and syrup! While I was growing up, I loved when my mom would make her homemade pancakes. They just seemed fluffier when she made them as opposed to going out to get them.

Well, I think I have passed that love of pancakes down to my children. At least once a week Max and I make pancakes with my mom's recipe. It's quick, easy and they taste wonderful. It's so much fun having Max help me do all the measuring, and he loves to do the mixer (wish I could get a pic, but it's just not quite safe yet:). Ava seems to really enjoy them as well. I think she likes the squishiness (is that even a word) of them. They are also easy to chew if you only have two teeth. So, here are a few pics I got of the kids making and enjoying some of my mom's delicious pancakes.

Max measuring the flour (as you can see, he already dropped some:)



Max showing me his trains covered in flour



Max enjoying his pancakes




Ava enjoying her pancakes...




And trying to grab my camera



These were all taken with my new 17-55mm f2.8 lens that I absolutely love!! I can't wait to try it out at our wedding this Saturday.